Physical Education develops children’s knowledge, skills and understanding, so that they can perform with increasing competence and confidence in a range of physical activities. It involves thinking, selecting and applying skills and promotes positive attitudes towards a healthy lifestyle thus enabling them to make informed choices about physical activity throughout their lives.
We aim to:
- Enable children to achieve and provide enjoyment in their learning
- Encourage children to work and play with others in a range of group situations
- Develop the way children perform skills and apply rules and conventions for different activities
- Increase children’s ability to use what they have learnt to improve the quality and control of their performance
- Teach children to recognise and describe how their bodies feel during exercise
- Develop the children’s enjoyment of physical activity through creativity and imagination
- Develop an understanding in children of how to succeed in a range of physical activities and how to evaluate their own success.
The following link will give you information about the PE National Curriculum and expectations in Key Stage one and Key Stage two:
Physical Education – Under Review